The Northumberland Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) are once again holding a competition this summer to find an image for the cover of their 2019 Visitor Guide.
Photos submitted can be of virtually anything, but to be eligible, the photo must have been taken within the Northumberland Coast AONB in 2018. The closing date for entries is Friday 19th October 2018.
The winner will not only see their image on the front cover of 50,000 copies of the guide, but also receive a voucher for £150 to spend at Stait Photo of Morpeth and Hexham, who are once again sponsoring the competition. The runners-up will receive a canvas print of their image. Ken Stait will be acting as one of the judges.
Jane Coltman, Image Manager for Johnston Press Northumberland titles is also a judge. She said: "It is always a pleasure to look at the pictures and discover the photographic talents of people who love the Northumberland Coast as much as we do”.
Last year's winning entry was taken by Ben Wayman, a photographer who lives in Newcastle. Ben explained how his shot captured the beauty of the landscape saying: “As a change from my usual Northumberland woodland or hill walk, I decided to head up the coast. I was familiar with the great sweeping beaches but thought I’d head to Holy Island/Lindisfarne early to watch the sunrise. Luckily, the clouds began to break up and the Sun burst through, lighting up the island. What better way to begin your day? We are so very lucky to have such a beautiful landscape on our doorstep; if we deserve to have it, then it serves to be looked after and cherished”.
Images need to be submitted in an electronic format and be of a high enough resolution to be used on the cover of the guide. More advice, previous visitor guide covers and the full set of rules are on the latest blog on the AONB website.
2018 Photography Competition Rules
- Pictures should be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pictures should be of a high enough resolution to be used on the cover of the guide
- This competition is open to UK residents only.
- You must provide Northumberland Coast AONB Partnership with your name, address, age, telephone number and email details if you wish to enter this competition. The AONB Partnership will only ever use your personal details for the purposes of administering this competition, and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without your permission.
- A maximum of three entries will be accepted per person.
- Each entry must have a title and location and may include an optional description
- Deadline for receiving entries is 5pm on Friday 19th October 2018.
- The winning entry will be used for the cover of the 2019/20 Northumberland Coast Visitor Guide.
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You agree to take part in any competition publicity if asked to do so.
- You must supply full details as required above, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize(s). No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- By submitting your photograph to the AONB Partnership you agree to grant Northumberland Coast AONB partnership and its partners and sponsors, free of charge, the right to publish and the right to licence others to publish the photograph online and in all media as required.
- By submitting your photograph to the Northumberland Coast AONB Partnership you agree to your name being published in relation to your photograph online and in all media.
- Your entry must be entirely your own original work, not defame anybody nor breach any copyright.
- If your photograph features any recognisable person or people, written permission should be obtained for the image to be entered in the competition and to be published online and in all media as required. Written permission from each recognisable person (or their parents/guardians if under 16) should be submitted for each entry.
- This competition is not open to any person involved in the running of the competition, or their immediate family members.
- Northumberland Coast AONB Partnership reserves the right to cancel this competition at any stage.
- If a winning entrant is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, the AONB reserves the right to offer the prize to the next best entry.
- Northumberland Coast AONB partnership reserves the right to disqualify any entry which breaches any of these rules or to withhold a prize if in its opinion entries do not reach the required standard.
Winning Entry – will be published the on the front cover of the 2019/20 Northumberland Coast Visitor Guide and the photographer will receive a £150 voucher for Stait Photo of Morpeth and Hexham
Highly commended – The highly commended entry will receive a 20x16 canvas print worth £69 courtesy of Stait Photo
Runners-up - The Runner Up will receive a 16x12 canvas worth £37 courtesy of Stait Photo