We've launched our photographic competition this week to find the front cover of our 2018 Visitor Guide. Could you take the winning image?
We're once again holding a competition this summer to find an image for the cover of our 2018 Visitor Guide. It's a popular competition and an ideal opportunity for you to get out and about on the Northumberland Coast and practice some photography skills.
The winner will not only have their image on the front cover of 50,000 copies of the guide, but will receive £150 to spend at Stait Photo of Morpeth and Hexham. The runners up will also receive a canvas print of their image, which is also kindly provided by Stait Photo.
Photos submitted can be of virtually anything, but to be eligible, it must've been taken within the Northumberland Coast AONB in 2017. The closing date for entries is 6th October 2017.
Last year's winner was Chris Orange from Surrey, who snapped a picture of a puffin on Staple Island whilst he was here on holiday. He explained to us how he came to take the picture: "After several hours in different locations watching the puffins as they continually flew on and off the Island to catch fish, I began to get into the rhythm of photographing their activity, which was a pleasure to witness. As I photographed this particular puffin I took a couple of frames, and noticed that on the second shot his eyes had closed in the same split second that I closed the shutter on my camera. I did wonder if he was winking at me! A really wonderful moment to capture”.
Ken Stait, who runs Stait Photo in Morpeth and Hexham, is sponsoring the competition again this year. He will be acting as a judge, along with Jane Coltman who is the Image Manager for Johnston Press Northumberland. Both have judged previously and been very impressed with the standard of entries. Jane told us that she loves seeing the many and varied ways people express their passion of the Northumberland coast through their photography.
As you would expect, there are some rules that you need to abide by, which can be found below. We've also outlined the prizes that you could win.
Stay 'focused' and good luck!
Northumberland Coast AONB
2017 Photography Competition Rules
- Pictures should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com
- Pictures should be of a high enough resolution to be used on the cover of the guide
- This competition is open to UK residents only.
- You must provide Northumberland Coast AONB Partnership with your name, address, age, telephone number and email details if you wish to enter this competition. The AONB Partnership will only ever use your personal details for the purposes of administering this competition, and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without your permission.
- A maximum of three entries will be accepted per person.
- Each entry must have a title and location and may include an optional description
- Deadline for receiving entries is 5pm on Friday 6th October 2017.
- The winning entry will be used for the cover of the 2018/19 Northumberland Coast Visitor Guide.
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You agree to take part in any competition publicity if asked to do so.
- You must supply full details as required above, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize(s). No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- By submitting your photograph to the AONB Partnership you agree to grant Northumberland Coast AONB partnership and its partners and sponsors, free of charge, the right to publish and the right to licence others to publish the photograph online and in all media as required.
- By submitting your photograph to the Northumberland Coast AONB Partnership you agree to your name being published in relation to your photograph online and in all media.
- Your entry must be entirely your own original work, not defame anybody nor breach any copyright.
- If your photograph features any recognisable person or people, written permission should be obtained for the image to be entered in the competition and to be published online and in all media as required. Written permission from each recognisable person (or their parents/guardians if under 16) should be submitted for each entry.
- This competition is not open to any person involved in the running of the competition, or their immediate family members.
- Northumberland Coast AONB Partnership reserves the right to cancel this competition at any stage.
- If a winning entrant is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, the AONB reserves the right to offer the prize to the next best entry.
- Northumberland Coast AONB partnership reserves the right to disqualify any entry which breaches any of these rules or to withhold a prize if in its opinion entries do not reach the required standard.
Winning Entry – will be published the on the front cover of the 2018/19 Northumberland Coast Visitor Guide and the photographer will receive a £150 voucher for Stait Photo of Morpeth and Hexham
Highly commended – The highly commended entry will receive a 20x16 canvas print worth £69 courtesy of Stait Photo
Runners-up - The Runner Up will receive a 16x12 canvas worth £37 courtesy of Stait Photo