Following the new national lockdown in England announced on Monday 4th January 2021, there are some changes to the government guidelines which are relevant to anyone wishing to visit Northumberland Coast AONB at this time.
The updated guidance includes the following information:
- You can only leave your home to exercise, and not for the purpose of recreation or leisure (e.g. a picnic or social meeting). This should be limited to once per day and you should not travel outside your local area.
- You should minimise time spent outside your home.
- It is against the law to meet socially with family or friends unless they are part of your household or support bubble.
You can exercise in a public outdoor place:
- By yourself
- With the people you live with
- In a childcare bubble providing childcare
- Or, when on your own, with 1 person from another household
Public outdoor places include:
- Parks, beaches, countryside accessible to the public, forests
- Public gardens (whether or not you pay to enter them)
- The grounds of a heritage site
If you need to travel you should stay local – meaning avoiding travelling outside of your village, town or the part of a city where you live – and look to reduce the number of journeys you make overall.
Thank you for staying at home, protecting the NHS and saving lives.